photo NathanAndJadeBlogB-02_zps90cf696c.png

Friday, February 7, 2014

Tea Time

Last Saturday, February 1st, was a special day! My friend Maggie hosted a ladies tea for us at her home in California. I met Maggie during an 8 week stay in Uganda in 2010 when we were adopting our son Ezra. Maggie and I were roommates for a good part of my time there. Four other women who came to the tea whom I had also met in Uganda. It was so special hugging them all again on this side of the ocean! 


My favorite part of the day was the time of prayer we had together. A new friend named Cindi boldly laid her hands on me and prayed Scripture over me. It was so powerful. Several of the women prayed about our homeschooling, their words were so encouraging. I could have prayed with those women all day long. It was such a sweet time! 

God has been so good to us and I want to update you all on a few of our praises...

+ Getting to know a stranger at the mall play place and two weeks later hearing from WGM that she and her family are joining our team prayerfully and financially. That mall play date was surely a Divine Appointment!

+ Nathan receiving his ministerial license through the Wesleyan Church in the mail this week. He is officially Pastor Nathan. I'm so proud of him!

+ Receiving a phone call from a pastor in Ohio who had heard about all that God is doing and invited us to come share at his church. I think that was the first time that a pastor initiated something with us to set something up. So cool! 

+ This week several new people committed to our One a Day Challenge, a church increased their pledge and a couple new annual pledges came through which helped us hit the 60% mark! Go God! 

Thank you for continuing to pray for our family. We are grateful to partner with you in this journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment