photo NathanAndJadeBlogB-02_zps90cf696c.png

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Faded, Lumpy, 8 1/2 Year Old Sacrifice



Nearly every day Ruby snuggles up to big brother Ezra to read on our 8 1/2 year old couch. We bought it with our wedding money. It's faded from sunlight shining in the windows. It's cushions are smushed from our kids crawling all over it.  Joyful moments happen there.  It's the place where I peek in from the kitchen and see Nathan reading the Word with a cup of coffee every morning. Holy moments happen there, too. That couch - I think it's perfect. 

Today I was standing at the kitchen sink talking to Jesus about how it's going to feel to see it go (we are preparing to put our house on the market). I was kind of embarrassed that I would talk to my great big God about something so small.  A couch.  But do you know what He did for me? He cared. 

Today I had a couch to lay at His feet.  Tomorrow it could be something more expensive or more valuable.  Whether it be our most costly possession or our cheapest the sacrifices we give to God are judged in the heart.  Today my heart sacrificed a faded, lumpy, 8 1/2 year old couch and I sensed my great big God was blessed by it.  I love that about Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment